Pages

Sunday 23 October 2011

Damien, Jezz and Lino


Sorry Sorry, I've been lazy. You know, theses sort of depressing weeks, where nothing seems fun to do anymore? I feel like this. As soon as I am done with work, I don't really feel like doing much, plus everything seems boring. I stood up many times in front of the kitchen window, looking out in the backyard, trying to remember what I wanted to do and not finding anything. The weather is quite grey, and the humid cold is coming inside the house, so I don't feel like doing anything that will bring me out of the comfort of a warm blanket/sweater/heat... so yup. I do nothing. I drink tea, and I try to figure out why that's the only thing I feel like doing. I suppose we all have these moments. 
Last Wednesday there was a show of Damien Robitaille at our theater, le Théâtre du Cuivre. He is an Ontarian Canadian and I believe one of his parent was French speaker - I really should get informed on this before starting bullshitting but... yah, lazy. I hear he decided one day that he was not going to get 'assimilated' by English speakers, and decided to work hard on learning French properly. He now is a quite well known Quebec artist, singing in French.

Sneak Peak, right before I got scolded for taking pictures inside the theater...

I did not know about him, and had a free ticket from my mother's friend, who had an extra one - her sister having something come up right before the show. My mother could not go herself so she offered it to me. She told me she has seen Damien Robitaille here before, at the FME, our emerging music festival, and had found him amazing, both musically, and as a person. She liked how his lyrics were really interesting, and on really various themes. I went to the show then, knowing next to nothing about him, and left the theater dumbfounded. He is amazing. I would not have found his songs catchy had I heard them at the radio, because I am a pop music fan. However, his, is of the live show kind: you hear it live, you love it for life. Anyways, I agree with my mom, he has a great talent in music, both with his instruments and his voice and a lot of control over it. He is also a really interesting character, and knows how to keep people's attention. Anyhow, bravo! This was great.



If you have the chance to look at the lyrics, they are worth it. His music is really, hm, one of a kind, but worth keep an ear close to it. French lyrics here, easy to free translate I believe, for English speakers....

Are you feeling for a little bit of eye-candy? Here is my version of it~~~<3

Paris Breat - Bistro style, Friday's dessert menu
One for everyone <3

My mother oficially retired this Friday! Luckily there were not many reservation at Bistro Jezz, so I got my evening off, and we went to eat out - at Bistro Jezz... eh eh eh XD - with my brother and his little family, and my parents. We were all the family together, since my other brother was working as well ha ha ha...

Bouquet I got for my mommy <3

Lately since the weather is colder, I got my semi-winter coat out, a pink wollen Coco Chanel style coat, with ribbons and frills <3 I also bought a really pretty knitted neck warmer from my friend's mother. She makes amazing work of her hands and I really like everything she does. You might find something for yourself there who knows!!!


When I got my neck warmer she had included a pretty crochetted flower as a gift inside the package. I really love crochet hand work <3 So pretty!!!


Neck warmer on my pink coat <3



0 comments:

Post a Comment