Pages

Saturday 8 October 2011

Indian Summer and Food Goodies

Yesterday at work I had a little time to waste before clients arrived so I had a bit of fun with the unused blackboard - we only use one of the two for lunch time so one always displays the menu of the previous evening.


WELCOME!
Here we have an overview of part of the restaurant; we have around 45 seats

On Fridays I am waitress during lunch-time, and Hostess - as in taking care of phone reservations seating people and making sure we can fit in the most people we can sort of Hostess, not the other kind. Anyways, yesterday, while tipping had not been that nice for lunch, there had been no mistakes or things forgotten so I was really happy, plus, the weather was really nice!!! Sunny and 25 degrees. That was weird, given that a day before we had had frost in the morning for a night under 0. For the rest of the region, who had had frost for a few days in a row already, yesterday was what we call in Quebec the 'Indian Summer', that is, Summer weather for a few days after few days of frost - or most of the time, after the first snow. For my hometown who had only a little bit of frost at night the day before and nice weather for the rest, we just have nice weather, I cannot really call it Indian Summer ha ha.
Anyways, walking around and taking some sun between my two shifts, I really enjoyed the day. At night, the shift also went smoothly, and we took some 28 walk-ins while refusing no one: the timing was perfect for leaving people and arriving people. Overall it was a great day. I finished my shift at 8h45 and went to have supper with my parent as they had a table reserved for 8h30. 

Giant shrimps with pineapple-coconut milk and grilled walnuts sauce on wild rice
The menu of the day yesterday was simply amazing!!!

Dessert: Fondant au Chocolat. they are made one by one when ordered, so it takes
around 15 minutes before they are served, but they are truly amazing >/////<
As the name calls it, the outer side of the cake is a bit crispy, fresh
from the oven and the inside is liquid paradise of melting chocolate. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment