Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

Immaculée-Conception


My mom and I recently found a frill and lace book and we decided that we'd try to make some nice stuff with it as soon as we get our hands on a good pattern to follow. When she was my age, my mother had bought a nice kit fo make frills and laces, but never ended up using it and so, the kit is still intact. I can't wait to try to make some stuff. I think it's going to be a lot of work and time, but don't we all love laces? 

I mean, don't I? 

I think the time and pain is worth trying anyways. Plus, if I succeed in making nice stuff, I'll be able to make frills exactly the way I want and decorate stuff I like around me <3 

Today I had my first class of the semester at the university of Quebec. the university recently bought old buildings to make new classrooms, as the programs were all expending quite a lot. Among the new acquisition, they bought my old elementary school, that had closed for lack of kids - we used to have tons of children in my hometown, and we had tons of elementary schools, but lately, as they all grew up and people my age did not have many kids, some of those schools, like mine, closed their doors.

What was not my surprise to actually figure out that I was going to have a class in my old school! So here I was, getting back in my memories, listening to a boring university lecture introduction in a local that used to be my 6th grade classroom. I loved the idea.



Immaculée-Conception, the building that used to be my elementary school. I was such a monster at this time too....

Before my class started, I went around the school to look at how much it had changed. I remembered this school to be such a big one that I found it really hard to believe that  it was so small. I mean, I had been really small when I went there I guess. But it is always weird to find oneself face to face with one's childhood memories, and discover that they were all a matter of a kid's perception. you following? Anyways, I found out that the basement, where there used to be a gymnasium, is now hosting the material for some random forestry class - i suppose, since there are all sorts of wooden models in one part of it. 



The rest of the gymnasium is still not completed and it made me feel sad to see it in such a dirty state. I mean, I remember our strict P.E. teacher, that was a bit of an OCD: he was probably one of the only teacher in the region who'd actually scold us if we did not change from the classroom indoor shoes to the gymnasium indoor shoes. He really hated having pebbles all over the ground, and insisted that we keep it clean at all times. Now that I look at what this cherished floor looks like, I feel like he'd go crazy... ha ha





I went to work tonight as a helper at the restaurant with my brother and we finished quite late, though it did not end up being such a busy evening. the last two tables ended up staying until 11h30pm so we had to wait until they were done. They left up almost half a bottle of expensive wine however, that we split with the kid who washes dishes. Oh sweet sweet wine. It was not such a bad evening afterall.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment