Pages

Sunday 2 September 2012

Beads Beads Beads...

Since the beginning of the summer I haven't really taken time for myself, time to actually do things. I always loved making things, decorating them, cleaning things around me to make them prettier, added new things to decorate my room/bedroom and the like. 


Since the beginning of the summer I basically went to Montreal to see people I had missed for so long since I left it, and got to know better some people around me in my hometown. Among those, 4 nice girls that I met through Fura of which two came to work at my restaurant - see how I write 'my' restaurant... wow, so full of myself, pardon me, 'where I work' might be a bit better? Anyways, while I think meeting people is awesome, I also love to have time to myself, and have the feeling I actually accomplish something. This is probably why I always sucked at learning piano and other instruments: while getting better is amazing and you get to play awesome songs, there is no physical concrete proof of it. Making things, you end up accumulating and piling them (then another part of the fun is to put them in order so that it's not too messy all around, but let's not go there) so you see what you did. You have a tangible proof of the time you spent. In the same way, reading a book also does that, because you end up accumulating new books and put them nicely in shelves all around the place (on the same lead, re-reading a book then, is again 'unproductive', but I love to reread books I like, I know I will not be disappointed).


Anyways, I decided to get myself back to making things... in the last 2 days I finished a book, cleaned up stuff and finally pushed myself to try to make a bead purse charm accessory of which I bought the material last March, when I was in Japan. Thing is that I actually have been fascinated for quite a long time by people who can make animals, accessories and cute flowers and the like using only beard and fishing thread. You can see those mainly in Asia, or if you go to any China/Koreatown. So there. I just bought a very cute rabbit beads phone charm and remembered I had my little set to make my very own. I figured that if I get good enough I might actually try to do other stuff, but those things, if you don't push yourself, you never start, because there is always a "I'll do it later". 

So here is my very first bead accessory, made with all my heart. Well. It is a thing to see that your ability doing something is improving; another to see the improvement on the very thing you are making... Like the very first pair of mitten you make, when you compare the first to the second hand...


So here, I sort of screw up the right part, there is a thing that is not well attached, and I just realized it when I was almost done. I gave up redoing the whole thing. That was a bit too much, even for the sake of careful art accessory making, and my OCD need for perfection. I am looking into getting another of those beads sets right now, will upload the website if I ever find something worth it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment