Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Canola Field in the background
Where does oil come from? I mean, when I ask myself that, I come to think of stuff like castor oil, fish oil and the like: aither animal or seed rooted stuff...
Ever known what Canola oil is made of? I hear everybody around knows where it's from, and I feel quite silly to have learnt it yesterday. Silly me. Well if there are other people like me, canola oil is from canola - surprise - which is a super cute yellow flower (which ironically explains why there are cute yellow flowers on the tags most of the time, flowers that I had always thought were there just to be pretty, you know, like Hello Kitty's ribbon for example, that has no purpose).



Welcome to the real world Yuki, this is ridiculous me at it again. Nevertheless, I like Canola now <3 and we are so lucky we have tons and tons and tons of them cute flower fields in Abitibi (then again, the more reason to feel bad never knowing the name of the poor thing til yesterday).



In Abitibi there is what is called 'Le Tour de L'Abitibi' in which cyclists from many countries around the world come and compete in the towns across my region. I went to cheer for the Japanese team this week. They did not classify in the 3 first but in one race one guy of the team ended 5th, which I find amazing. They are so tiny in compared to their western counterpart, and they were never confronted to that many people a race. Was amazing to watch anyways...
...and yes, the Japanese Flag was held by me... surprise surprise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment