Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

Hot Summer day...

 I did not post yesterday because of a big thunderstorm we had at night, and the electricity went off on me twice so I thought it to be wiser just to give up on using the computer, least it should break on me.


 While I did not do anything much lately I bought a very interesting book, written by the Dinouart Abbot in the 18th C. on the 'Art of Shutting up' (free direct translation). What got me interested to this book is quite funny actually.


My favorite movie of all time is a very cute romantic reconstitution of Cinderella, with Drew Barrymore called Ever After, which I must have watched at least a dozen times. That is plenty enough to remember the dialogues and, there was one part where the Step mother talks to the girls in the kitchen and seems to cite a 'how to behave manual' saying that 'a lady should only speak if her speech will thus best silence' or something similar. Well, the first of 14 kind of silence described in the book was that very sentence. Silly me? That childhood reminiscence made me buy the book in the end...


There is, in the little little village of Authier, an old Schoolhouse restored by the government, to which most elementary school of the region eventually make a visit as a group. I went there yesterday with my mommy and a French girl staying at our place this summer <3


They kept the place as it was in the 50s, and they explain how things worked. The workers there wear the clothes of the time to and they are really cute. I had been with school, but a second time was just as sweet...

There, I bought a sweet pendant to wear with a gold chain I had before. I'd been quite fond of that tiny chain, as I love tiny accessories, but having only a blue stone - and being me, who don't really wear any blue - I had in mind to find something I'd wear more. And here we go, I found this tiny rose pendant and it's cute, small and perfect.

Funny thing is that as it was sold as a goody on the schoolhouse site, it had a Virgin Mary behind it... oh well, I think tht makes it just the more interesting!


I went to pick up fresh mint in my backyard today and made myself a Marocan mint tea (basically tons of mint leaves and tons of sugar) that was wonderful. With the suffocating weather we have this week it was really hot to drink, but I'm told that to fight hot, you drink hot... and mint, afterall, is quite refreshing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment