Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

D's House Flowers...

I went to my mother's good friend's (D) house a bit out of town the other day to have a nice dinner. She has a really lovely place, filled with nice flowers near a lake. She has a talent for flowers and has a lot of unusual ones that I really like. Since I have not been posting lately I thought of adding the pictures of some of them.

People know about Orchids, so I guess I don't need to introduce but, as they are so hard to grow I was amazed at how nice her flowers turned out. They are so beautiful they look like plastik... Funny how the nicest natural things tend to look fake to me, as we are so used to see fake 'perfect-like' things in our era...



This flower is the most weird this I ever saw. Not only is it star-shaped, but it has a waxy texture, and actually sorts of 'juices-out' a kind of waxy liquid that for example, got stuck on her bedroom curtain and made stains exactly like candle stains... so weird. But so pretty! It was a windy day that day so I did not smell but D says that they usually smell really strong though, a bit like lilies. You know, how strong lilies smell when they are in a house? I personally really cannot do this smell... gives me headaches.





This last picture was taken with my cellphone, so the quality is not as good. I really like the shade of these flowers. However pretty special flowers are, I have a soft spot for daisies. This is why this one really got me good <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment