Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

Un peu d'amour et d'eau fraîche....

I forgot the name of this plant, but this must be one of the prettiest flower I've ever seen up close. It's one of the nicest thing in our backyard. My mommy helped me hold the flower so we can see the shape better. It looks like two flowers in one, and the 'back-view' makes it look like a totally different flower still... <3


I don't know for you guys, but I've always liked the shape and smell of mint plants. It's such a lucky thing that theses are plants that reproduce like mad, it's easy to get a lot in a short time and we can never really get enough: at worse you can just eat them in recipes <3


I love umbrellas, they look so sweet. I don't know if this love comes from the fact that I've never used them much in my youth (where I come from it is seen as 'pussy-like' for someone to use them, as if it was a weakness to hate being all wet from rain....) but I am pretty happy of the fact I stopped caring so much about what people think... Well anyways, the point is that in Montreal I had found this awesome store where they sell very cheap umbrellas. Next time I know, I find myself with tons of them...

 This one is one of my favorite ($10) and the fact it's sort of transluscent makes it fit with almost all of my outfits :)
 I wish I had a better picture. This one is a light yellow and white. I have an excuse to have bought this one though I had already 3 others.... this one was never meant to be in my place ha ha. I had bought it to leave at my boyriend's but when we broke up I just ended up bringing it back. I felt like having too many umbrellas is a bit silly now, and I gave this one to my closest childhood friend as she broke all hers... <3
Surprise surprise, this one ($15) is my favorite <3 Brown and beige with dots and frills... it's just the perfect match. Plus, it's really a huge umbrella... the key point of this umbrella is in the next picture...
 ...See!!!? When even the handle is cute, how can you not fall in love with the umbrella? God I want to go buy umbrellas in Korea T__T they always have the cutest things... (this comment is technically unrelated to this umbrella... I'm just juggling between random thoughts as usual...)
 Pink purse-size umbrella ($15) I just broke this one T_______T it was the only pocket format one I had too. I think I sat on it in the car, because when I opened it after one of the metal bar had left me.... >/////< It was a cute umbrella.... R.I.P. I am going to use the fabric to make a hat and a little dress for my niece (she is really into the Strawberry Shortcake character and the fabric looks a bit like it so... 1+1...)
 Sunbrella <3 ($20) - I made up that word.... dunno how you call umbrellas for the sun? - I bought this one in China 2009 after weeks of looking everywhere for nice+cheap ones, MH oppa can testify... I love it. Though, people think I am nuts when I use that in Quebec ^____________^ I could care less.
 I bought this one in Japan in 2008. It's both an umbrella and a sunbrella. so it's practical. It was on sale at $30 at Mitsukoshi...
Thinking about it now I think I know why I unonsciously bought so many... I am quite unlucky with umbrellas. While I take real good care of everything else I own, umbrellas die on me - I need to mention here that I am quite skilled with umbrellas in the windy-rain though, they never turn inside out when I use them, so this is not the reason they die on me. This one I folded before it was completely dry, and since it's a sun-rain fabric, it sorts of rotted...see the small holes...

Oh and yes, for supersticious people: I DID take the umbrella pictures inside my house. Shame on me

0 comments:

Post a Comment