Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Fall has come again... let us freeze to death...

** Sorry I had to repost this, I deleted the previous one by mistake. My bad **

 It went under zero yesterday night and it was rainy shitty and many other y ending words. The way back from work on foot and from school was really a pain! However, I recieved my Cath Kidston bags~~~! So the day is happy, warm and beautiful! 
-> here comes the materialistic girl in me

Yes, I HAD to shoot the sheep as well. I had to.


I've already used this one for school and it's just perfect. Bags are best when they stay straight.
I cannot however deny that fall has come and I decided to take all my summer dresses away to wash them for the cold season to come. I'll get my fall and winter clothes out this weekend because, well. I certainly do not want to freeze to death with the lack of good heating - my parents being a little bit too "let's protect the Earth" to heat properly in the house - as I, afterall, still have my new bags to use (~_~;)  

I realized something today. As I never had any trouble getting in McGill, and pretty much aced most of my classes - except English and a weird Aztec architecture class I took by mistake - I never really took it seriously, or for a real compliment when people were impressed I got in such a 'prestigious university". I never believed myself to be so intelligent or anything anyways - now I don't know whether that is underestimating myself or being realistic. However, today I realized that, maybe McGill is indeed more on the kick-ass university side, that asks much more from its students than other schools. I just had the presentation of my final paper for one of my classes today: a 7 pages paper in an interview of a teen between 12 and 17 years old. wow. At McGill I would have a paper like this every two weeks or so and the final of those classes would be minimum 10 pages long. And mind you, English papers are far more demanding than French ones, where you can afford to make sentences pretty by rephrasing things endlessly and repeating things on and on. English papers need to be clear, consise: straightforward. Otherwise it's crap. So even filling 5 pages in an English paper is at least the equivalent of content of a 8 page paper in French. Don't expect anything more than a C if you write an English paper the way you write one in French. That is the sad truth of life.  
I never believed McGill was so demanding nevertheless. Now I know. 

 Can I feel a bit proud? 

 Finally, I'll end this post on what will probably be the last flower of my garden this year, as it is getting quite cold for new flowers to bloom. I remember planting these ones with my mother sometimes like 10 years ago. I think they are called Chinese Lanterns; pretty self-explanatory term if I may suggest. I love this plant. They only appear in Fall, as they are hidden by the other flowers during late summer. When all the others around wither however, the Chinese Lantern seems to emerge from the background and is very pretty to look at. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment