Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

September Summer Day

Today is such a nice day! I went for ice cream with Guri and the daughter of her AFS advisor. By the way, the organism through which Guri has come visit Canada is called AFS (American Field Service) and it is an organisation that started in one of the World War and came from the idea of two firefighter - american and french - that talked about culture differences and wanted to believe that the key to avoid other wars was to understand the difference in every culture and embrace them. They thus started organizing student exchanges between europe and the States at first, and then expanded to other countries to what it is today. Is it with AFS that I first went to Japan for my 11 months student exchange in 2005. 

The day was warm and icecream was soothing. We should have a Yeh! here thought. That would be so good. I miss Montreal's Yeh! and its Rolopan. Today it was 27 degrees! After the cold week we have had this weather was more than welcome, though I had put on tights and a warm acrylic sweater to go out so I was a bit overheated TT__TT Anyways! The day was really humid and a few minutes ago the sky gor very dark: I suppose there is going to be heavy rain that lowers down the temperature very soon. I took nice pictures while I was outside however, and the light came out really nicely.

I love the red of the small canoe mixed with the green of my backyard,
it's a small heaven that I really miss when I am away from my parent's <3

Are you sick of seeing the same flowers over and over again? I am not. So better get used to it. 


We planted strawberries a couple of years ago my mother and I, but never ended up getting results. This year, however we do have a couple of cute strawberries that appear now and then. Today there were two of them that were ready, and maybe 4 or 5 that were still half, or all white. I can't wait to eat them later <3

Strawberries and Chocolate <3
Small Strawberries  

Oh, as you can see, I also tried my new nail paint pens and made cute strawberry patterns. I wanted to tone down the yellow a bit so I put a light shiny transparent green color on top of it, but I regretted: I should have put it before making the strawberries, now they are a bit too unclear and lack detail. I will try to do better next time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment